1. Choose subdued lighting effects that will not reflect into the glass, especially if you are not using a reflection control product.
2. Add a sense of atmosphere by using wall lights or sconces on either side of your framed piece.
3. Add emphasis to framed pieces by adding individual picture lights.
4. Do not hang your valuable artwork in direct sunlight. Even with protective UV blocking glass, prolonged exposure to the sun’s heat can destroy your art.
5. Use incandescent bulbs to light your artwork. Incandescent lights have only 4% of their rays in the damaging UV range. Where fluorescent lights have a high concentration of UV rays and should not be used to light your artwork.
6. Illuminate your art at the lowest light level possible for enjoyment
Source: Tru Vue Inc. Tru Vue manufactures a complete line of conservation quality art boards and Conservation Series Glass that work together to protect your framed valuables.